The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply from 25th May 2018, when it supersedes the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA). The new law brings a 21st century approach to data protection. It expands the rights of individuals to control how their personal data is collected and processed, and places a range of new obligations on organisations and business’ to be more accountable for data protection.
1.Information I Collect certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the photography package that you’re requesting when you engage my services
2.Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your photography package request, respond to enquiries, providing quotes, supply your images, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
3.Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my images, such as my online gallery provider; Pixieset Media Inc, One Vision Imaging’s Pics4Schools site & delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties if required, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I generally keep your data for the following time period: 7 years. Photographic Images will be kept for a maximum of 3yrs & then deleted.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (for example, where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
If you do not wish your data to be held by me and would like to cancel your photography package, please contact me using the details below.
6. How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Christine Kingsnorth, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at: Christine Kingsnorth, 5 Church Mews, Oak Row, Upton-upon-Severm, Worcestershire, WR8 OLZ.